Project Alpha
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...

Go down 
+2
MrRichard
Lord_Rushton
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Rushton
Administrator
Lord_Rushton

Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Empty
PostSubject: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:16 pm

http://www.examiner.com/x-32507-Minneapolis-Console-Game-Examiner~y2009m12d29-Playstation-4-may-not-include-cell-processor

So basically Sony are already working on the blue prints of the 'PS4' and from other places it seems that Sony are considering a new means of memory, not talking about 120gb hard drives but rather 3terrabytes from Sony servers themselves... I can see it happening personally but dayum I hope the ps3 10 year life cycle stays supported fully by Sony
Back to top Go down
MrRichard
MrRichard

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:17 pm

Lord_Rushton wrote:
but dayum I hope the ps3 10 year life cycle stays supported fully by Sony

Couldnt agree more man Razz
Back to top Go down
Chronic
Chronic

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:17 pm

3 terabytes! Now thats a lot. Personally, I hope they sort the cooling issue and make it run as smooth as it should, 100% of the time!
Back to top Go down
yeldar2097
yeldar2097

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:22 pm

Maybe they could think about it properly this time and actually decide on the final specs before releasing it.

I only say this because releasing a console and then only being able to drop the price by removing certain features (as they have done since the beginning with the PS3) seems a little daft to me.

There has been quite a lot of overlap regarding PS2/PS3 support since the advent of the PS3 so hopefully we shouldn't have anything to worry about there....although I can't deny that regardless of the situation I will destroy my savings account and adopt as early as possible.

Blind, illogical consumerism FTW Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slim6569
Slim6569

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 5:09 pm

3 TBs? MAN! NOW THAT IS ALOT OF PSN GAMES! lol Nice forum aswell
Back to top Go down
llewdiskram

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:27 pm

3 Terabytes is far too much...

I think that a Playstation 4 should come out 2015 or even later. Keep bringing out great games with this console.
Back to top Go down
Chronic
Chronic

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:57 pm

People ask me how long until the PS4 comes out and I say well it took over 5 years for the PS3, so I would expect atleast 7 to be honest. I don't think they need to rush it as they can patch and update adding lots of features anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Rushton
Administrator
Lord_Rushton

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:38 pm

3terrabytes is fine by me :p
in the future im persuming sony will be all digital if not more then 50% and so you're gonna need a lot of space to download these future games which will be huge in comparison with today's 50gb games, im talking new blu-ray levels
Back to top Go down
Slim6569
Slim6569

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Peter,
3 Terrabytes is the bomb but 50GB games? What have you been playing?
And also 2012 world = dead lol! (NOT!)
So the 2015 would be... (Finish as you please...)
Back to top Go down
Lord_Rushton
Administrator
Lord_Rushton

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:02 pm

mgs4 was 50gbs, more and more games on the ps3 will be using the 50gb avaliable and with new blu-ray discs being produced at a terrybyte I can easily see a wonderful feature for ps3 owners Very Happy
Back to top Go down
llewdiskram

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Sounds awesome Lord Rushton Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...   Playstation 4 may not include cell processor... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation 4 may not include cell processor...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Alpha :: -PS3- :: News-
Jump to: