Project Alpha
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?

Go down 
+2
Chronic
Lord_Rushton
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Rushton
Administrator
Lord_Rushton

Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Empty
PostSubject: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:59 pm

Sony is considering introducing subscription charges to PlayStation Network users, Kotaku reports.
The gaming website has published images of a survey from market research firm IPSOS outlining a potential premium subscription to the online service. Current services such as online multiplayer gaming will remain free should package deals be introduced.
"Sony is considering offering a premium PlayStation Network subscription in the future. The subscription offering would provide new premium features you could choose to pay for and are in addition to the features currently available for free such as access to online multiplayer gaming (current features would remain free)," the questionnaire states.
Several payment plans were mentioned - three costing $69.99 (£43) a year or $9.99 (£6) a month, and one costing $4.99 (£3) a month and $29.99 (£18) a year.
Additional features including online music services, cloud storage and cross-game chat will be available to premium subscribers.
Sony is yet to make an official announcement on PSN subscription charges.
After looking at the options I can say myself that the future of PSN is bright Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chronic
Chronic

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:26 pm

I agree. I tihnk Sony are making a step in the right direction with this premium offer. People can't complain that it should be free like they do on the xbox but serious gamers atleast have the option to pay a little more, to get a lot more. Thank you Sony!

Last edited by Chronic on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Subclique
Subclique

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Good thing I moved onto xbox just at the right time. I payed my subscription for a year last week and I'm very happy with the service.

Microsoft knows what gamers want, Sony just pushes out random crap like EyePet and crappy Facebook on PSN.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Rushton
Administrator
Lord_Rushton

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 pm

the current service is going to remain free just we have to pay for add-ons
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
Administrator
Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:33 am

Basically this will give PS3 owners what xbox 360 owners already had for around the same price (a little less on some packages and a little more on others) if you want those advantages.

So looks like PS3 are pushing that extra bit more to push ahead of xbox (of which I still prefer - personal opinion). I wonder what Microsoft will do in retaliation Razz
Back to top Go down
https://project-alpha.forumotion.net
Lord_Rushton
Administrator
Lord_Rushton

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:18 am

One option sony are giving is the ability to play an hour on any of their psn games for something like 20 dollars I think, other options were the ability to download all ps1 & minis for something like 30 dollars if I rememmber correctly
Back to top Go down
Chronic
Chronic

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:42 pm

As far as I understand, there are 3 different options with different options and different prices. As far as I understand, you pick one of these options.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Rushton
Administrator
Lord_Rushton

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:30 pm

4th sections chronic Wink
i'll see if i can find a link later with the choices
Back to top Go down
Subclique
Subclique

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Pretty good idea by Sony giving you choices of what you want.
Back to top Go down
Chronic
Chronic

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks for correcting me Peter *he says looking at his feet*

Any idea when this is going to be implemented?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Rushton
Administrator
Lord_Rushton

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:57 pm

probably this year though i cant see it happening in the first half :\
Back to top Go down
sean1313
sean1313

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:48 pm

I think this is a good step for the PSN and i would be willing to pay a bit extra for the proposed options.
Back to top Go down
Slim6569
Slim6569

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:58 pm

OMG No please it will rip my life... Razz
Back to top Go down
Chronic
Chronic

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:43 pm

There is still the basic free option however for you less serious gamers or less fortunate than myself. 'How less fortunate can you be if you have a PS3 though?' he asks himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?   Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Considering Subscription Service For Games?
Page 1 of 1